Just a quick PSA, for those who have had their vehicles stolen.
• Never keep your insurance cards in your vehicle. If you have a smart phone, most insurance companies have apps where you can log in and use the app as proof of insurance if you happen to get pulled over.
• Never keep any papers/receipts in your vehicle which can identify who you are, where you live, and what credit cards you have.
• Never keep anything of value in your vehicle. Especially medications which may cost you an arm and a leg.
• Double check to make sure your registration does not contain your address. It’s likely the vehicle thieves will come to your house next. They stop at nothing if they feel they have an advantage.
• If you’re lucky enough to have your vehicle recovered, insist that the police department do a thorough search for any hidden drugs and weapons the criminals may have ‘left behind’.
• Once you’ve accepted your vehicle and driven it home, immediately make an appointment to have your vehicle defunked. People are nasty. And I’ll leave it at that.