I’m sure this is a question many insomniacs ask themselves.
On nights where my neck and back aren’t killing me, or my legs aren’t giving me the creepy crawlies, my brain decides NOPE. You’re not sleeping! And then I start thinking about random crap. Some of it is downright ridiculous, and on occasion, mildly paranoid.
Here are a few things that riddle my brain when I’m desperately trying to sleep:
1. Ear worms. Those are the absolute worst! It’s the same song, stuck on repeat in my head, and it won’t shut the f*ck off.
There are others that attack my brain. It’s not just that one. 🤣
2. Places to hide valuable items – why am I just now considering a storage unit? DUH!
3. Places to hide if a murderer is on the loose – there is no running 2 miles down the street to the storage unit.
4. What would I name a pet, if I got one? I can’t seem to make up my mind.
5. Book and script ideas – these are the second worst, as they occupy HOURS of precious lost zzz’s.
6. Imaginary scenarios with people I rarely see, or dream of seeing again some day. Full dialogues included. These are what lead me to believe I’m insane.
7. Things I should’ve done differently in certain situations.
8. Things to invent.
Thanks, Bill. I know I’m cray cray. 🤪
9. How to survive in a zombie apocalypse – I’d be among the first to die, because rule number one is cardio, and Cara doesn’t do cardio.
Well, maybe in this case I might do cardio. But then I’d probably die from a heart attack. And not because I’m 1000% out of shape.
10. Ways to lose weight without trying. I’ve accepted that this is a lifelong battle. Baby steps, I guess. Sleep deprivation, daily ‘consumption’, and constant mild dehydration are probably the main culprits in my case. I’m fairly sure I can fix it, if I cut back on consumption.
11. Retaliatory things to say to online bullies.
12. Existential shit
13. Lyrics to songs I could be making money on
14. Ways to circumvent online chat filters – because I’m a rebel that way
15. New swear words
16. Creative alternative terms and phrases for bodily parts and sexual acts – I’m an awful person.
17. Offensive acronyms – in other words, a normal word that stands for something else.
I think I’ve gotten my problem across.
I’d love nothing more than to stay plugged in all night, with ASMR going in my ears, but I’ve already lost half of my hearing due to my music addiction.
Insomnia sucks, and I’m screwed six ways to Sunday if I can’t get it under control, because sleep plays a major part of weight loss and weight maintenance. I used to sleep great, until the doctors said no more of a certain medication. It was affecting my memory. So, I had no choice. But doesn’t sleep deprivation affect the memory as well?!?!
Anyways … what was I going to say? Oh well. I think I’m done, since I forgot everything else I was going to write.